Got the yarn for Archie's socks on Wednesday. Love the colours. I got Deep Navy and Mineral Heather. The Mineral Heather has flecks of colours in like Red, Turquoise , Yellow etc. Very subtle you can barely see it except for when you are knitting it up. I am using the Music Man sock pattern and I started with the Mineral Heather. I am done the cuff and 1 pattern round on the leg. I am liking the pattern so far. It's hard to tell quite yet.
So yesterday I decided that I wanted to do the Irish Hiking Scarf. I went on to Ravelry and typed in Vanna's Choice yarn since that is what I had in my stash to see what I could make with 2 balls of the leftover Kelly Green from Jeanie's Frog Set. Sure enough someone on Ravelry had made the Irish Hiking Scarf with the 2 balls of yarn. I cast on and it's looking good. It's a very Irish looking scarf considering it's green! Not sure if I will actually wear it or not or if I will put it away for an unexpected gift. We will see. But it's pretty nice and I love the way it's turning out. Mind you I am only about 8 inches in.
So I am off to finish my "hike"
Minuit Socks
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment