Sunday, January 18, 2009

The weekend of being Selfish

Well this was my weekend of knitting for myself. Yes that is a rareity(sp). But with all of the shovelling that I have had to do since I got home from out West back on the 6th of January I decided that I needed a hat. So I knit the Jellyfish Tam. The pattern is free and is found on Ravelry of course. The only mods I did was knit 2 extra rows before I started the decreasing. Looks fine, feels fine and it seems to be warm. The colour isnt too exciting just your basic black but until I can save my pennies and get a new winter coat it will have to do. My winter coat is orange and black btw.

What am I going to knit now? Well I do have a wide range of UFO's to complete. Let me think out loud and make a list:

Aaron's other mitt
Tracey's other sock
Teresa's other sock
My Afghan
Mom's other dragonfly sock

Well that is a good start. There is probably more that I just have forgotten about. Hmm geez I certainly hope not.

I better go and get some sleep....I could potentially be busy knitting tomorrow. Trying to get all of these UFO's made into FO's.

1 comment:

Shellular Kellular said...

Now, now, what is wrong with being selfish? I'd hardly call you taking a break from knitting projects for four other people being selfish. You need to be a little bit selfish to keep from burning out and developing a chronic case of second-sock syndrome. :)

I haven't gotten your scarf yet, but today is a postal holiday. I'm hoping for tomorrow. It took less time for my scarf to get to Norway than it has for yours to get to NY. Damn US customs.