Well the new year is here and it has taken me this long to blog. Shame on me! I am back safe and sound from Vancouver! It was a chore to get home but I made it. I came home with lots of yarn. And part projects completed. I was extremely spoiled and was indulged in some Loran's Lace Shepard sock yarn. Absolultely beautiful. In my previous post I posted pics of the yarn. I ended up making some socks for Mom. I used the Dragonfly pattern off of Ravelry. As you can see I have one done. One to go. So since Mom had bought that yarn for me and I gave it back to her in knitted socks she took me back to Urban Yarn and replaced it with more Lorna's Lace. I chose a different colour. The colour way that I chose was Icehouse. It's in the blues, greens, teals. Equally as gorgeous.
On Monday the day I left to come home I started my mittens. I am using Cascade220 in Expresso and Creme. So they are going to be my Chocolate and Vanilla mittens. It seems lately I love the brown and creme combo. So as you can see I got a good part of the mitt done last night all but the thumb. I made the cuff longer than usual due to the fact that one of my pet peeves is while shoveling snow the cuff always comes out of my jacket and I get snow down my sleeve. Thus the reason I made the cuff longer. I love the way it's turning out.
I am sure there is more to blog about but I will save it for another day...until then....let the snow keep falling and my knitting needles keep clicking....

No comments:
Post a Comment