Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Curse!





Yes it's all true. The colour green has cursed me! The Druid's are a no go until I find the right yarn that will show off the cables and bobbles. I used sock yarn like the pattern suggested and did 20 rows of the second chart and you couldnt see anything. Boy was I pissed. So they are being frogged. (Appropriate colour).

Today Mom and I went to her other LYS. I prefer this one much better than the one in West Van. This one had so much to chose from in such a small space. As you can see by the pictures I didnt come out empty handed. And nor did Mom. The purple malibrigo silk is for her. She is going to make the Diamond Lace Wrap out of the January 2009 Creative Knitting Magazine. I think it will look really pretty. The yarn feels heavenly.

I got Cascade 220 in Cream and Choclate Brown. I am going to make stripped mitten. An easy pattern for now. Not sure if I am going to get them done before I get home or just what. I also got Lorna's Lace Sock Yarn. The colours are so vibrant. I love them. Not really sure what I will wear with them but hey...they are hand knit.

So that is my trials and tribulations from out here. Nothing much more to report. Oh one other thing. We are having our Turkey Dinner on New Year's day. Archie bought this humungous turkey for the 4 of us. It was about 22 pounds and it cost him $62.45. Yes you read that correctly. Most expensive turkey I have ever eaten.

So until then....I better go learn how to cook one this big....and better yet on how to get it defrosted in 2 days.

1 comment:

lolita vontorch said...

nice yarn there lj...can't help but love the mmmmmmmmalabrigo yarn...hope you're knitting up a storm while visiting...xo