Wednesday, January 14, 2009

C is for Cookie....



Well the word is out. Cookie A is coming out with her new book. I can hardly wait. A book just full of Cookie's sock patterns. What could be better than that? Some yummy sock yarn to make the beautiful socks out of Cookie's book. Well not too worry. I have bought some yarn off knitgrl on Ravelry. I got 2 skeins of Apple Laine Apple Pie in the Macintosh colour way and I also got some Sweet Georgia Yarn in superwash sock in the colourway called Kissed! I can hardly wait for that either. I have waited a long time for the Apple Laine yarn. Thanks to Christa she taught me how to look on people's stashes for yarn that they are selling out of their stash. What a good little bargain shopper she is.

I have started Tracey's Lombard Street socks. I like this pattern and how they are turning out. I will definetly make this pattern again but maybe in a lighter colour so that it shows off the pattern more. Dark gray is a tricky colour for any pattern to show off nicely.

Here are some pictures of some half done projects. Teresa's Hot like Coco Socks which I started in November. The other is Mom's Dragonfly Socks that I started while I was in Vancouver at Christmas. Mom's socks I am knitting out of Lorna's Lace Shepard Socks. Love Love Love it. Hence the way they are coming out. Beautiful I must say.

So until the next time...I will continue to daydream about Cookie's

No comments: