Well here it is November.29th. I am almost done my shopping. Just have to get Teresa's and the kids and a few odds and sods for Christa. Last Sunday I finished Aaron's Turn a Square Hat. He just loves it. At first he didnt think it was for him. He thought it was mine. Finally he got the concept that I knitted it for him and then once he realized that it was as if I gave him a million dollars. When he comes home from school that is the first thing he goes for is to get his hat. Here it has been a very warm November, too warm for Aaron to wear his hat. Now I just have to get on the ball and figure out his damn Cruiser mittens. The first one was way too small and then so I started another one and lengthened the hand part but screwed up on where to put the thumb. So I am going to have to rip it back and reposition where the thumb should go. These simple mittems have been the death of me.
So yesterday I was on Ravelry and on the front page was this Cowl pattern. Its called the Basket Whip Cowl. I just feel in love with it. So what do I do? Casted on. I had to steel a ball of the pink Patons Merino from my Clogs that I havent started yet cause I dont have any worsted if I didnt. And I just had to cast this on. In the picture you can pull the cowl up over your head to kinda wear it like a hat. Not sure if I am into wearing it like that but to wear it normally I can dig it!
Zeus is just fine after his surgery. He had to be a lampshade puppy. Poor guy! But he adjusted just fine with the cone on his head. I think we were more happy when we took it off then he was. He kept walking into things and brushing up against the coffee tables and getting stuck in the doorways. So he is happy and healthy now.
Also this week our famous poplar tree was finally taken down. Boy what a huge job for such a huge tree. I will have to take some pics of the mammoth stump. I swear it was bigger than the white pine that feel on the cottage. They have to come back and grind the stump out but all in good time. Cant rush a good thing I suppose.
I have had a really sore back since last Sunday. Yesterday was the first day I had picked up some knitting since I finsihed Aaron's hat. I am still sore but either getting used to the pain or the pain is going away. Not quite sure what is going on. I just cant sit for too long. Big time pain I tell ya. Not really sure how I did it. I would have to assume probably raking leaves. But I really wish it would go away. I am done with the back aches and the Robaxecet.
So I think that is about all to report. This cowl is sitting beside me calling my name! Its working up pretty quickly and I am liking the results.
Mom's clogs are finally felted and are still drying. God they take forever to dry. I went to Penny's on Thursday and felted them and they are still damp today. (Sunday). Good thing I wasnt in a rush or needed them quickly. So food for thought. If you ever make clogs allow a bit of drying time. They do take a good bit to dry.
Happy Sunday to everyone!
Minuit Socks
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment