Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Best Time of Year has Arrived

Yes its been awhile since I last blogged. It seems that I always forget to blog. Halloween is soon upon us! And the clocks go back 1 hour. Yay!! We get an extra hour of sleep. Boy I sure could use it. As I am typing this Aaron is watching me. He is still knitting up a storm. He is the only autistic and profoundly deaf guy that I know who loves to knit. He doesnt really knit but in his own little world he seems to think he does. He has bought himself dpn's for socks, circ's for hats and straights for scarves. He is so silly! His yarn of choice is Berant chucky in bright neon yellow! That seems to be his favourite colour right now! And Bernat is about the only brand that makes such a colour. He always has to show you his finished work...and then proceeds to sign to us that he has done a good job and that Aaron is a good boy! What a cutie!

Zeus monster is 8 months old now. He is big and bad! He likes to nip and jump and bark and is full of pee and vee....but he is the apple of my eye! I couldnt imagine life without him.

I am on the 6th pattern repeat of the Fountain Pen Lace Shawl done in Knit Picks Shadow in a Jay Kettle Dyed. I am loving the results so far but have had a few bumps along the way. My goal is to have it done for Geoff and Angela's wedding in June. Lord give me strength.

I have done a few pairs of socks for Archie's Christmas gifts. I have a pair and a half to go and then he will be done.

Have started Aunt Debbie's Embossed Leaves socks have one done and I have chosen the gloss sock yarn in Firecracker Heather Red is her favourite colour!

Yesterday I started my Mom's Felted Clogs. I am using Patons Classic Wool in Chesnut Brown and Grass Green. They are working up really quickly and I know I will be knitting me some once my Christmas knitting is all done.

So off to knit.....knit what I am not really sure.....until next time.....

No comments: