Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh my not Enough hours in the Day

Yes as you have noticed blogging hasnt been on the top of my priority list. So what is new in my life? Where do I begin....Zeus is a handful. His biting, nipping, chewing is driving me bananas. I wish his teething would really come to an end. But he is so darn cute that sometimes it's difficult to be firm with him. Yes I know ...doesnt help the situation very much.

As for my knitting life....I got Mom's box sent out to her. The oven mitts and pot holder. I had to send them to her unfelted due to the fact that I have a frontloader and I felted one pot holder and it ended up to be about the size of a coaster! So there goes that bright idea.

Had to get on the swallowtail shawl bandwagon....am I enjoying it? NO....not really sure if I am even going to finish it. I am on the 6th pattern repeat of the budding lace chart almost on the 7th to be exact so almost half way done the chart. So I quite havent decided what I am going to do. If I do finish it I might give it to Angela for Christmas.

To get ready in time for Father's Day in June I have started Archie's second sock to got with this first sock from April Birthday Socks. It's coming along quickly and painless.

On Tuesday I went to knitting class. Everyone was knitting slippers so I had to be one of the "cool kids" and start slippers as well. It was one of Penny's patterns so it's really a "vintage" pattern. I finished one last night and also casted on for the second one. I had to knit my own slippers due to the fact that my best friend has yet to make me some. I only asked her like a year ago! Ya know I love ya Chris...everyone has to have a BFF like you!

I have been eyeballing the Fountain Pen Lace Shawl out of Interweave Knits Spring 2009. Penny has the magazine so I am thinking that I might try that one. I would indeed need to get some yarn other than the crappy Knitpicks Palette that I have on hand.

I have been looking around to buying some new furniture. I have found a nice couch and loveseat at Leon's. Pretty nice if I dont say so myself. So we will see. It's on sale until the end of the month. So my decision has to be made by then. I am not very good at spending that kind of money. I am very frugal or as others say "cheap".

So that is the comings and goings with me! Now do you see why there arent enough hours in the day?

1 comment:

Shellular Kellular said...

Oh no, Leslie! Don't give up on the Swallowtail! My first one drove me crazy, especially when I didn't pay enough attention to the pattern. By time I got to the second one, though, the lightbulb went off and suddenly the Budding Lace repeat made total sense. Persevere! Use lifelines. Get a row counter. Put a billion stitch markers in to mark wherever a repeat of the pattern starts again. Whatever works! When you've finished, I guarantee you'll be proud of yourself and ready to start another intense lace pattern in that almost masochistic way, hehe.

Lots of luck with the teething pup and your lace. I'm sending you the lace bug with high hopes that it will bite you too :)