


It's great to be back to my second home! It's cold here and feels more like I was at home. It started to snow awhile ago and is startig to feel a lot like Christmas. Maybe Mount Seymore will actually have snow. It would be so nice to wake up and look outside and see snow on the mountains. Speaking of mountains the highlight of my flight was flying over the Rockies. Absolutely breathtaking. We as Canadians are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful country.
I hadnt even been here an hour and Mom had asked me if I had brought my dpn's. I dont leave home without them. So I asked her what for and she said she wanted me to knit a pair of socks for Kate. I had until Friday night to get them done. Nothing like being jet lagged and putting the pressure on to knit these socks. So as of today I am about 2inches from decreasing for the toe. Not bad eh? I didnt think so either. I am using Baby Ull due to the fact that my mom loves this yarn and says it's her favourite. I say it splits and I dont like that too much. Christa says it's becasue she hasnt used real sock yarn yet. She isnt a true yarnie like us! LOL
Anyways Mom and Archie have some things planned for us to do. Friday night is Barb and Jim's for dinner so we can see Kate. Looking forward to that. I wonder if she will have an Aussie accent yet? Then Saturday night we go down to Deep Cove and see the Caroling Ships. Have no idea what that is about. I just know we will freeze our little feeties off. Sunday is church of course. Monday night is Christmas Caroling with people from the church. The donation for us singing Christmas carols is a food donation for the local foodbank! I think that is a wonderful cause. I will go and freeze for that important cause. And in between all of that I would like to be knitting my scarf for Kelly. But there is Christmas baking to be done, presents to be wrapped and relaxing to be done.
But ya know.....I can almost smell those Shortbread baking in the oven....

2 comments:
wow...looks like your schedule is full for the next week or so...give everyone big kisses and hugs...go knitting machine...go...xo ;)
Post a Comment