Friday, July 25, 2008

MisMatched Ankle Socks


Ok here is the scoop on the ankle socks for Mom. I loved the first ankle sock. I love the way it knit up and the stripes. The yarn was beautiful to work with and nice and squishy to the touch. So here is my conundrum. The second sock worked up totally different. I used the same pattern, gauge needles etc. And look how different it turned out. I guess what I didnt do was cut the yarn back to match the same spot where I started from. Well this will be a lesson learned. The problem was this yarn came in a 100gram ball. So I think my Mom will appreciate my Mismatched socks and will over her lots of conversation when people see her wear them with her Birks. LOL
Last night I casted on for my second Carnshanaugh sock. This morning I measured and I am in between 2.5 and 3 inches in length. Yipee...I think I will achieve my goal for August.8th.
Maybe I will do Jimmy's hat at the cottage. Who knows.

No comments: